Frequently Asked Questions About Roofing
When it comes to roofing a lot of people have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most common questions that we get asked when it comes to roofing.
- What is the lifespan of a roof?
- This is not just a simple answer because there are a lot of variables that determine the answer such as the type of roof, climate and weather conditions, how thick the shingles are and if the roof was properly installed. Your traditional roofs that are made of asphalt shingles will typically last for a range of approximately 12 to 20 years, while other type of roofs may last up to 50 years. These type of roofs would include tile and slate roofing. Metal roofs will typically have a life span of 40 to 70 years. In difficult weather condition areas this may decrease the life span of the metal roof.
- This would be a great question to ask your specific insurance company as they would know what type of coverage you carry on your roof as well as what your deductible would be. Most homeowners insurance cover items that are considered "named perils" which would typically include wind, hail, fire, falling trees. This is best to check with your specific insurance company to make sure of what is covered.
- The typical time it takes to replace a roof is anywhere between 3 to 7 days as some factors play a role in this such as weather conditions is the biggest factor. If weather conditions cooperate we can have it done in the shorter amount of time. We have experienced roofers that are professional and efficient and will get the job done right and quickly.
- Absolutely! When you give us a call, we will send out our experienced roofers to look at your roof to determine if repairs can be done, or if the entire roof needs to be replaced. We will give you an estimate on the cost and what materials would be used and the time frame in which the repairs or new roof installation can be completed in. Once you decide to move forward with the work, we will get you scheduled right away so we can get started on your project promptly.
- The answer is yes. Basically there are no rules of which you can and cannot have roof work done. It does, however, depend on the temperatures and if the roof is covered with snow. We will evaluate each situation individually to determine if the work can be completed at that time or if we would need to wait for better weather to complete your roof project.
- Really the only way to determine if your roof has damage is to have one of our professional roofers take a look at your roof. We can determine if there is damage to your roof and if roof repairs will take care of that damage or if you would need to replace your roof entirely.
Some signs are very obvious and can be detected during an inspection. Some of those signs include:
- missing shingles
- popped out nails
- cracked or curled shingles
- granules on the ground or gutter
- missing flashing
- stained areas of the roof
- ceilings in your home showing water leaks
- The cost of a new roof depends on several different factors. What type of roof would you want? Asphalt shingle roof or metal roof? What type of shingles? Size of the roof? Are just to name a few. We would send our professional team out to look at the roof, measure the roof, talk with you to determine what type of roof you are wanting. Once we have all the information needed to give you a price on your roof we would be more than happy to provide you with an estimate.
- Flashing is a very important part of proper roof installation. Flashing creates a waterproof later that is placed over joints to keep water from getting in areas around chimneys and pipes on your roof.
- We specialize in asphalt shingle roofing and metal roofing. Both are great types of roofs for this area. We would be happy to go over all of your options with you as well as the cost.